Hi everyone! Thank you for joining our call for some hopeful messages for 2021.
The video below explains how this works. The prompt is:
What change would you most like to see in journalism in 2021?
Here’s some additional topical inspiration in case that helps:
- How might news organization culture be more inclusive?
- How might news improve political, health, science
- What innovations or creative storytelling would you like to see?
- What trends or tools would you like to see wholly incorporated into news?
- How might news organizations better engage their communities?
Tips before recording:
- Center yourself in front of the camera.
- Consider lighting; are you in shadows or glaring sun? You might want see if you can get more even lighting.
- Ensure you have good quality audio; a podcast mic, headset or bluetooth connection (e.g. airpods) should do the trick.
- Look directly at the camera to create a connection with the audience.
- Bring that ~broadcast energy~ since videos tend to feel more flat than IRL conversations.
- Be sure to introduce yourself including name, job title and organization!
- Keep your answer focused; you’ll have 30 seconds max for your answer.