The ONA20 Everywhere Volunteer Committee looks for many volunteers to support our event, which occurs weekdays from Oct. 1 – 16. Volunteers work alongside the best minds in online journalism, and revel in the satisfaction of pulling off one of the best events in the industry.
If you’re interested in knowing more about volunteer opportunities, please fill out the form below. Please note this is an interest form, not your volunteer application.
Once applications are ready, we will post them to this page.
While we review each application based on its strength, ONA prioritizes freelance and local news volunteer applicants.
All applicants will be notified of their status before registration closes, so that they will have the opportunity to register for the conference if they choose to do so.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do volunteers receive a pass to ONA20 Everywhere? Yes, each of our volunteers will receive one complimentary badge to attend our conference.
- What are the options for volunteering? We are determining what volunteers needs we’ll have in a virtual conference setting; stay tuned!
- Are volunteers able to attend educational sessions? Volunteers work in specific shifts. You are more than welcome to attend sessions and events at ONA20 Everywhere outside of your scheduled volunteer hours.
- What qualifications do volunteers need? We’ll outline the qualifications we’re looking for once we’ve mapped out our specific needs. We can say for sure that there will be general volunteer positions that only require a love of digital journalism. Some more technical positions may be needed as well.
- What if I apply to more than one position? No need to worry — our team leaders will coordinate to find the best spot for you.
- Am I guaranteed a spot on the volunteer team? Each year, we receive hundreds of volunteer applications, which means you may be added to a wait list if you are not chosen. As spaces become available, our team leaders will coordinate and reach out.
- When will I be notified? You may hear about different positions at different times. Team leaders start choosing teams soon after the application period closes. No matter what, you’ll be notified before registration ends.
- Who can I contact? Please send questions to email@example.com