The ONA20 Everywhere Volunteer Committee looks for many volunteers to support our event, which occurs weekdays from Oct. 1 – 16. Volunteers work alongside the best minds in online journalism, and revel in the satisfaction of pulling off one of the best events in the industry.
Virtual Event Volunteers
We have a few roles available to help us pull off a premier online event with the warm and energetic feeling ONA events are known for. We’re recruiting volunteers to help lead compelling conversations in session chats, welcome attendees at virtual receptions, help us copy edit session transcriptions and take great screenshot “photos” of sessions.
Applications for Virtual Event Volunteers are now open on a rolling basis. Apply early to get your best chance at a spot and we’ll do our best to review your application as quickly as possible, but we may have needs that open up as the conference continues. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility on this.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do volunteers receive a pass to ONA20 Everywhere? Yes, each of our volunteers will receive one complimentary badge to attend our virtual conference.
- Are volunteers able to attend educational sessions? Volunteers work in specific shifts. You are more than welcome to attend sessions and events at ONA20 Everywhere outside of your scheduled volunteer hours. Some volunteer roles will involve attending sessions within your scheduled shift.
- What qualifications do volunteers need? Qualifications vary by role, so we’ll ask you about your skill set in the application so we can place you in a great role.
- What if I apply to more than one position? No need to worry — our team leaders will coordinate to find the best spot for you.
- Am I guaranteed a spot on the volunteer team? Each year, we receive hundreds of volunteer applications, which means you may be added to a wait list if you are not chosen. As spaces become available, our team leaders will coordinate and reach out.
- When will I be notified? You may hear about different positions at different times. Team leaders start choosing teams soon after the application period closes. We appreciate your flexibility this year, given that we have a lot of logistics to plan for a major virtual conference. If you’re concerned about taking advantage of a specific registration rate, you can register at that rate, and we’ll issue a refund if you’re accepted as a volunteer.
- Can I apply for the Social Team, Audio Team or Video Team this year? We’ve combined these volunteer teams into one big Resources Team so that volunteers can work more effectively across platforms. Applications to the Resources Team closed on Sept. 30, 2020.
- Who can I contact? Please send questions to email@example.com.