Bring one skill and walk away with a half-dozen new ones at this highly interactive skillsharing swap session. Can you design eye-catching infographics? Have a recipe for running smart, effective A/B tests? Know a foolproof formula for writing digital leads? Bring your skill – as varied as possible – and share!
This session is designed for:
- Attendees looking for new and diverse skills
- Editors and journalists interested in learning from sharing and sharing what they learn
- Anyone who loves 1:1 instruction and collaborative learning
This session is hosted on Grip, ONA20's networking platform as a "Wave," a series of five-minute 1:1 video chats set up for you by the platform's AI based on your profile information and that of other people also signed up to attend.
In other words, you'll talk to someone for five minutes, then Grip will automatically assign a new partner for the next five minutes, and so on. It's a lot of fun.
Waves are a very new networking tool, unlike anything else ONA has seen. To sign up and get the best experience, please read through the following ahead of time.
All participants are expected to join with their camera and mic on for this session. Advance sign up is required!
- To participate, you MUST sign up through your ONA20 Grip account at least 60 minutes before the start time NO LATER THAN 1:45 p.m. EDT (17:45 UTC). The platform requires one hour to set up the matches for discussions. You will log back into your Grip account to attend.
- Please be on time (or a bit early to get oriented)! If you arrive late to the session, you will miss your first video chat Grip has set up for you and the person you are set to meet with won't have anyone to talk to :(
Follow these steps to sign up and get prepared for the Wave (more visual guide here):
- Make sure your profile account is active in Grip, ONA20's networking platform.
You should have received an email with the subject line "Get in touch with ONA20 attendees and exhibitors." Email email@example.com if you are having any difficulty with accessing your Grip account.
- Log in to your Grip account and click EVENT AGENDA in the left navigation column.
- Click on the Speed Skillsharing session.
- Click Add to schedule.
- If there are people also signed up who you would like to speak to, you can indicate that you are "Interested" by their name in the list under Wave Details.
- If you are an early sign up for this event, please make a note to come back back to this event page at least 60 minutes before start time so you can see who else is attending and mark any that are of interest.
- You may not be matched for a 1:1 with every person you mark of interest.
Click Speed Skillsharing to begin!
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT NOTES:
- The session will begin on time as all meetings are live! Please be on time!
- You can log in up to an hour in advance and see the attendee list.
- If you don't want to meet with a person, you can skip that meeting and they will not know that you skipped them.
- No changes, or logins, can be made after 1:45 p.m. EDT (17:45 UTC) the day of the session.
Digital Storytelling Specialist, NPR